cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Hunt Group and Call Pickup in together...can i?

Hi Bosses, I have already configured a call hunt group associated with couple of phones. It already forwards to another phone while one doesn't answer automatically, but my customer doesn't want to delay to receive their calls from their own desks when the users are not available. So, they want to pick the call immediately from their desks with 'PickUp' option. can I configure 'Hunt Group' and 'Call PickUp' in together?

FYI, I have already configured a pickup group also and associated all of their phones, but whenever i press the 'PickUp' button i can't takeover the call. Any clue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mijanur,

This setup does not work without the "workaround" shown below. Once you apply this you should be good to go :)

**Set enterprise parameter (System->Enterprise Parameters->Cisco Support Use 1) Cisco Support Use 1 to CSCsb42763 (case sensitive)

This operation added listbox (Route Plan->Route/Hunt->Hunt Pilot->hunt pilot XXXX -> Call Pickup Group) Call Pickup Group.

From this doc;

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K11612191

1.- Enter

CSCsb42763 (in mixed case) in the Enterprise Parameter 'Cisco Support

Use 1' under the new group 'Cisco Support use Only' and click update. Only the value

CSCsb42763 in this parameter can enable the configuration. Change the

value to anything else to disable this functionality.

2. Go to Hunt Pilot Configuration page and select a call pickup group from the Call

Pickup Group dropdown list and click update.

CSCsb42763

Call Pickup fails on Hunt List

Issue:

Call pickup fails for hunt list when call is CFA from Route Point in 4.1(2)ES41. This is not the designed functionality for this issue and will break the Call Pickup logic.

Workaround:

Use multiple shared lines & CFNA between each shared line.

Related Bugs

Call Pickup fails when ringing line list member

Symptom: Selecting PickUp or GPickUp does not pickup the call from any of the members of a line group. Condition: CM 4.x Workaround: None. Feature not supported. Further Problem Description: Defect CSCsa66224 may appear to have allowed this feature to work in earlier versions.

Call Pickup from line group member fails after es installed

Symptom: A call is CFNA to a hunt pilot/line group. The call can no longer be picked up. Conditions: Calls CFNA to a hunt pilot. 4.1(2)ES36. Workaround: None

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mijanur,

This setup does not work without the "workaround" shown below. Once you apply this you should be good to go :)

**Set enterprise parameter (System->Enterprise Parameters->Cisco Support Use 1) Cisco Support Use 1 to CSCsb42763 (case sensitive)

This operation added listbox (Route Plan->Route/Hunt->Hunt Pilot->hunt pilot XXXX -> Call Pickup Group) Call Pickup Group.

From this doc;

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K11612191

1.- Enter

CSCsb42763 (in mixed case) in the Enterprise Parameter 'Cisco Support

Use 1' under the new group 'Cisco Support use Only' and click update. Only the value

CSCsb42763 in this parameter can enable the configuration. Change the

value to anything else to disable this functionality.

2. Go to Hunt Pilot Configuration page and select a call pickup group from the Call

Pickup Group dropdown list and click update.

CSCsb42763

Call Pickup fails on Hunt List

Issue:

Call pickup fails for hunt list when call is CFA from Route Point in 4.1(2)ES41. This is not the designed functionality for this issue and will break the Call Pickup logic.

Workaround:

Use multiple shared lines & CFNA between each shared line.

Related Bugs

Call Pickup fails when ringing line list member

Symptom: Selecting PickUp or GPickUp does not pickup the call from any of the members of a line group. Condition: CM 4.x Workaround: None. Feature not supported. Further Problem Description: Defect CSCsa66224 may appear to have allowed this feature to work in earlier versions.

Call Pickup from line group member fails after es installed

Symptom: A call is CFNA to a hunt pilot/line group. The call can no longer be picked up. Conditions: Calls CFNA to a hunt pilot. 4.1(2)ES36. Workaround: None

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob, do you have to do this if you are on version 6.1.3?

Hi Kerrie,

I believe so :) We don't run 6.1(3) but I do know that this work-around was applicable in versions as recent as CUCM 6.1.2.1000-13. If your Pickup for Hunt group/Line Groups is not working, then I would go ahead and try this (it can be done in a "live" environment without any adverse issues).

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob, I'll give it a go.

Running 7.1.2 UCM and the issue still exists but the work-around well.....still works...Just an update as all docs seemed to refer to 4.X

Hi Rob,

So are you saying you change the "Cisco Support Use" parameter to 1, then you can use the Hunt Group and Call Pickup group together? What I want to do in my case is when a call comes in to a department number and a set of users are in call pickup group that any one of the users can pick up the call. But then how would they know the call is coming in???

Or I could just put the extension on a line for each persons phone so they would all see the sme line appearance. Needing some guidance on best practice for this type of application.

Thanks.

Hi John,

Yes, if you change that parameter Call Pickup and Hunt groups can work together :)

The feature "Call Pickup Notification" is avaiable in CCM 4.2 and 6.x/7.x trains so the other member phones would be notified for Incoming "Pickup" calls.

Call Pickup Notification

This new feature allows users to receive an audio and/or visual alert when a call rings on a phone in pickup groups in which they are a member. For multiple line phones, the alert is available for pickup groups associated with the primary line only.

You can configure the following notification parameters in the Call Pickup Group Configuration window:

Type of notification (audio, visual, both, or neither)

Content of the visual notification message (called party identification, calling party identification, both, or neither)

Number of seconds delay between the time the call comes into the original called party and the notification to the rest of the call pickup group members

From this 4.2.1 doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_release_note09186a00805f1470.html#wp2448574

As for a "Best practice", whichever one works for you is perfectly acceptable, but you generally don't add Shared Line appearances over too many IP Phones.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Do we need to reset the enterprise parameters or can we just do a save? Thanks again! John

Hi John,

In all of our tests this was just an Update, no impact to call processing etc.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: