Views
Helpful
Replies

I need physical connection information for 7960 IP phone

sivaprakasam81
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

The following components ready for the IP phone 7960. This is to test the IP phone 7960.

1. 2600 router

2. WIC-1DSU-T1 card

3. WS-C3548-xl-en (PoE Switch)

4. 7960 IP phone (15 nos.)

I also referred http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a008037f2a9.shtml

I need information on physical port connectivity.

> What port do I need to use to connect Switch and Router?

> Do I need any specific card to complete this connection?

> Do I need to use WIC-1DSU-T1 card?

Thank you

8 Replies 8

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is this for Call manager express that you want to run at home?

connect the switch to the router in such a way that the phones (whatever vlan you put them in) can reach it, full duplex, 100?

more information as to what setup you are lookuing for

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Do I need WIC-1DSU-T1 card?

I have only one Ethernet port on 2600 series router. I need to use one for the PoW switch+ ip phone and one more for the Existing LAN connection. How can I do this?

Yes, I also Look for Call MAnager Express.

Thank you,

Hi Siva,

You will not require the WIC-1DSU-T1 card in your current configuration :)

Have a look at the requirements/uses of this card and note that it would not come into play for testing the 7960's.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps3129/products_tech_note09186a0080093d70.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob, Since I have only one ethernet port on 2600 series router. I have to connect the Switch + Ip phone and also to my existing 800 series router. How can I do this, do i need any additional card?

Thank you,

Rob, Waht card can i use to connect 2600 to 800 and PoE switch?

Hi Siva,

Normally when we are building an isolated lab test setup (which i believe you are doing :) We would connect all the devices to the 3548 to simulate an actual network design. Make sense?

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

IP phone repeatly display the following message,

1. Configuring CM

2. Opening 10.163.235.1

Thank you,

Can anyone let me know the issue please? Is that looking for Call manger software from the router? if so, why call manager software is not available in 2610 router.

show telephony-service is not recognised by 2610 router to check for CME software.

Thanks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: