Views
Helpful
Replies

Management via wireless after H-REAP config

mike-greene
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Before I turned on H-REAP, created dynamic interfaces and did all the trunking to the AP's I could https to our controller on the management interface from the wireless network. After I put the config in place for the new SSID's, H-REAP etc.. I can't get to it from the wireless network. I can get to it from the local LAN. Any ideas??

Thanks.

9 Replies 9

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

Make sure Management via Wireless is checked. It's under the Management Tab at the top of the WLC GUI.

If that's checked, it might be a VLAN issue of some kind. There shouldn't be anything about connecting to an HREAP that prevents you from getting to the controller. Keep in mind that all traffic is now switched locally, so you need to ensure you have full IP connectivity back to the controller. Can you ping the controller's management interface?

Thanks Jeff,

Management via wireless is checked. I cannot ping the controller from my wireless connection. The AP's have static address and are in the same subnet as the controller management interface. I can ping the AP's from my wireless connection. The default gateway is correct on the management interface...same as the AP's.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mike,

I'm trying to understand your question here ... If you have H-REAP enabled, you are UNABLE to HTTP/HTTPS into the WLC even when "Mgmt Via Wireless" is ticked (enabled)? What firmware are you using?

I am asking because I am using 5.2.178.0 and Cisco has confirmed that there is a bug (CSCsz06335). With "Mgmt Via Wireless" is ticked (enabled) the bug ALLOWS you to manage the WLC via Wireless.

This problem is only evident in the 5.2.178.0 version.

According to Cisco TAC, a new firmware should be made available by early June 2009.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

You are correct. I cannot access the WLC via wireless since I configured this guy with multiple SSID's and H-REAP local switching. The controller is running version 5.1.151.0 and I could manage it before and not any longer.

I have a dynamic interface that my SSID points to thats on the same network as my wireless clients. Does the WLC see that as a directly connected interface and send traffic out that interface to my wireless client?

Thanks.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

HI Mike,

If that is the case, as Jeff recommends, put a tick on "Enable Controller Management to be accessible from Wireless Clients" and you should be able to HTTP/HTTPS into the WLC using Wireless.

Thanks,

I'll give that a shot tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks - Mike

Hi,

I unchecked "Mgmt Via Wireless" and I cannot get there. Is there a way to do a packet capture on the controller itself?

Thanks.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Enable by PUTTING a tick.

mike,

can u try cli from wlc >>> config network webmode mgmt-via-dynamic-interface enable.

also enable mgmt via wireless.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card