Views
Helpful
Replies

XML files dont copy to standby unit

david.macia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have failover active/standby topology with two ASA (version 8.0.4), and Clientless SSL VPN configured.

I have created differents profiles, bookmarks and portal in this solution.

But when I try to see this files in the standby unit, I can't to see it. Why? I try it whit "write standby" but nothing... Any idea?

Best regards

2 Replies 2

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

The write standby command replicates the configuation to the running configuration of the peer unit; it does not save the configuration to the startup configuration. To save the configuration changes to the startup configuration, use the copy running-config startup-config command on the same unit on which you entered the write standby command. The command will be replicated to the peer unit and the configuration saved to the startup configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa81/command/ref/uz.html#wp1567205

DeRodeRidder
Level 1
Level 1

The XML files should be copied to the standby unit first before applying the write standby because if they are not there the command will simply disappear on the standby unit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: