cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP associated to (2) Clusters

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Im pretty sure it's not possible, but I want to have a failback MGCP registration to another cluster if possible. I have an odd setup where

Cluster A VG A MGCP

Cluster B VG B MGCP

Is there a way in IOS to configure a failback to each other cluster or would this confuse the heck out of the VGs?

Between my clusters (at the same location.. odd I know) will have an ICT.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AFAIK this is also not possible, not sure how the GW would behave when having connection attempts from 2 different CUCM servers in different clusters for the exact same endpoints. I'm pretty sure this falls under not supported as this has not been tested.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Go for H.323 if that is really important for you.

You don't want a "funny" config which is not supported (and probably doesn't work) as your "seatbelt".

If you want to stick with MGCP add another gateway and let the provider route the same numbers to all the interfaces of both gateway . Then you really have redundancy.

...and it's supported ;-)

/Martin

Thanks, I was planning on having them route the DIDs to the two gateways anyways. Probably using H323 or MGCP is a horse a piece. AAR will take care of outbound calls if a gateway is down through the ICT.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: