cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7000 CMP orange status after upgrade to 4.1(5)

Aaron D
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to upgrade a Nexus 7000 from 4.1(2) to 4.1(5). Used the install all command. After install, errored out only on CMP's. Reloaded CMP's, and they cannot get back online. The status light is orange. CP's are fine. Suggestions?

2 Replies 2

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

When you are upgrading or downgrading Release 4.1(2) to 4.1(3) on a Cisco Nexus 7000 Series chassis with a single supervisor module, you may see an CMP upgrade failure although the rest of the system will upgrade or downgrade properly. If you see this condition, explicitly upgrade or downgrade the CMP by entering the install module active-slot cmp system location command and the reload cmp module command.

Cisco NX-OS Releases 4.1(5) and 4.1(4) for the Nexus 7000 Series device do not have a new image for the CMP. The CMP image version remains at Release 4.1(3).

Yeah, found this in the release notes thanks. The issues though I am having is 1) The CMP oranges out and won't come back on the upgrade. Even when I reload the CMP from the CP, it won't come back online. The only thing I can do is physically pull the SUP and put it back in, then it comes back -ARGH. 2) I can't seem to get the CMP to upgrade from 4.1(2) to 4.1(3). It just won't take.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: