LMS 3.1 CSDiscovery Issue

Answered Question
Jun 1st, 2009
User Badges:

LMS 3.1. Device discovery never looks like it finishes. when you select stop discovery, it says it cannot stop and refers to the csdiscovery.log The log suggests that discovery is not running. I have attached part of the Csdiscovery.log file. the only way to stop discovery is to stop and start crmdmgtd

Attachment: 
Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 8 years 4 weeks ago

Try doing the following, and see if Discovery stops, and can run again. Run the following command:

pdterm CSDiscovery

Delete NMSROOT/conf/csdiscovery/DiscoveryStatusObj. Then try running a new Discovery.

No, I doubt the inventory and config problems are related.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Joe Clarke Mon, 06/01/2009 - 20:10
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

It looks like Discovery is crashing. Post the output of the pdshow command.

mburrell5 Mon, 06/01/2009 - 20:50
User Badges:

see attached. note that in addition to the discovery issue, config archive and inventory collection seem to be no-functional as well. Not sure if the problem is related

Attachment: 
Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Mon, 06/01/2009 - 20:57
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Try doing the following, and see if Discovery stops, and can run again. Run the following command:

pdterm CSDiscovery

Delete NMSROOT/conf/csdiscovery/DiscoveryStatusObj. Then try running a new Discovery.

No, I doubt the inventory and config problems are related.

mburrell5 Mon, 06/01/2009 - 22:14
User Badges:

Ran the pdterm command, there was no such file/object to delete. I had to restart the CSDiscovery process before Discovery would run. It then ran and completed sucessfully. Thanks for your help - I will now investigate the inventory and config archive issues

Actions

This Discussion