cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 CSDiscovery Issue

mburrell5
Level 1
Level 1

LMS 3.1. Device discovery never looks like it finishes. when you select stop discovery, it says it cannot stop and refers to the csdiscovery.log The log suggests that discovery is not running. I have attached part of the Csdiscovery.log file. the only way to stop discovery is to stop and start crmdmgtd

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Try doing the following, and see if Discovery stops, and can run again. Run the following command:

pdterm CSDiscovery

Delete NMSROOT/conf/csdiscovery/DiscoveryStatusObj. Then try running a new Discovery.

No, I doubt the inventory and config problems are related.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like Discovery is crashing. Post the output of the pdshow command.

see attached. note that in addition to the discovery issue, config archive and inventory collection seem to be no-functional as well. Not sure if the problem is related

Try doing the following, and see if Discovery stops, and can run again. Run the following command:

pdterm CSDiscovery

Delete NMSROOT/conf/csdiscovery/DiscoveryStatusObj. Then try running a new Discovery.

No, I doubt the inventory and config problems are related.

Ran the pdterm command, there was no such file/object to delete. I had to restart the CSDiscovery process before Discovery would run. It then ran and completed sucessfully. Thanks for your help - I will now investigate the inventory and config archive issues