Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Checking on Non cisco IP Phone

karthiksr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a Dlink GVC 3000 SIP Std(Video category). I have configured this phone with CCM 7.0. It works well with all cisco IP Phones except 7985. When i tested a call with 7985 model, audio holds good, but video cannot be established.

Then i thought of testing it by adding another dlink video phone. Since i have only 10 units(overall) of the TParty licence, i cannot able to add it to CCM.

Since 7985 supports only skinny i cannot able to configure it as SIP to test this.(whether call goes from SIP to SIP).

Do Thirdparty party SIP phones support video call in the CUCM network?

Pl suggest..

Regards

Karthik

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Karthik,

I would suggest turning on all of the SDI traces and then running them through TripleCombo or TranslatorX. If you do a cisco.com search for "collecting traces for TAC" and a google search for either of the two tools you can find more information on this.

-nick

View solution in original post

Hi Karthik,

There are two ways to negotiate video codecs in CUCM.

1) Lower the bitrate in the region settings to force a lower bit-rate codec.

2) Change the codecs on the endpoints.

-nick

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Hi Karthik,

As of now, there isn't official support for SIP video endpoints. There are a good number that will still work, but it is best effort. Most of the lack of support will be around supplementary services like hold/resume and transfer, but it really could be anything.

-nick

Hi Nicholas

Thank u.

Fine. Pl share with me how cisco 7985 sends the Video and receives the video from any other Cisco video phone.

Regds

Karthik

Hi Karthik,

It is negotiated via SCCP. The capabilities are sent to CUCM and records them. When a video call is sent to CUCM towards the 7985, it will translate that request into a SCCP request for the 7985 to handle. This is why SCCP-SIP will have much more problems than SIP-SIP, H323-H323, etc. The problem is in the translation.

-nick

Hi Nicholos

Thank u very much.

Regds

karthik

Hi Nicholos

Can u also pl share how can i capture the negotiations done in the CUCM some thing like trace which means any proof of concept that i can collect the CUCM for this translation negotiation..

Regds

Karthik

Hi Karthik,

I would suggest turning on all of the SDI traces and then running them through TripleCombo or TranslatorX. If you do a cisco.com search for "collecting traces for TAC" and a google search for either of the two tools you can find more information on this.

-nick

Thanks Nicholos.

Regds

Karthik

Hi nicholas

Can u pl share on how to change the video codec for the cisco ip phone 7985.

Regds

Karthik

Hi Karthik,

There are two ways to negotiate video codecs in CUCM.

1) Lower the bitrate in the region settings to force a lower bit-rate codec.

2) Change the codecs on the endpoints.

-nick

Thanks NIcholos..

Will check it.

Regds

Karthik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: