Views
Helpful
Replies

7925 won't register with CUCM 5.1.3.2000-3

jardalic1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

one my customer bought Cisco wireless IP phones 7925 and they have call manager 5.1.3.2000-3.

Firstly the problem was that phones didn't auto-registered to the CUCM (and here is the 1st question - should wireless IP phone auto register to the CUCM?).

After that I suggested to added them manually but the problem was that they couldn't choose that type of phone. On forum I found that they are missing devicepack for the phone and for the call manger. They upload

cmterm-devicepack5.1.3.6104-1.cop.sgn and

cmterm-7925-sccp.1-3-1.cop.sgn

and finally they could add the phone manually but it's stacked to Registering -Opening state.

Next step was to upload

cmterm-7925-sccp.1-3-2.cop.sgn but still ip phone didn't register with CUCM.

I tried to get the SEPxxx.cnf.xml file but I got:

Error on server: File not found.

For the phone that is registered with CUCM for that operation I got:

Transfer successful

Do you have any idea what could be the problem?

We tried with non-secure profile and also with secured profiles but without any success.

Any help would be appreciated cause it's pretty high on the priority list of our customer

Thank you,

Jelena

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jelena,

I'm pretty sure that TAC will have the same advice :)

When you are installing the Device Pack to add support for a new Device type/Model a Clusterwide re-boot is required :) Have a look at the Install notes;

Installation Instructions

6.Note: Cisco recommends that you apply this Device Package during a maintenance window.

Procedure

NOTE: Apply this patch to all of your Cisco Unified CallManager servers, beginning with the publisher server and TFTP server.

***When applying this Device Package to enable new device support, a cluster-wide reboot is required for those devices to register successfully. A clusterwide reboot IS NOT required when running to update existing firmware/support.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Nicw work,

U can try restarting TFTP service to recreate config files///

Are you using secure cluster or no CallManager security at all?

do you have any other wireless devices working with cucm (7920,7921s) ?

All network infraestructure is ok?

All profiles are good?

do u see network info correctly?

If priority is high feel free to open a TAC case with us,

thanks Jelena

- I tried to restart TFTP service several times but nothing.

- For all phones and trunks we use non-secure profiles.

- No, I don't have any wireless phone working with cucm

- what do you mean by all network infrastructure is ok? everything else is working and phone got the address of the tftp server (cucm)

- all profiles are good? how can I check this?

- what do you mean by seeing network info correctly?

Thx,

Jelena

and one more question.

In case that we should open a TAC case - what should I open it for - for CallManager or for Wireless IP Phone?

Thx,

Jelena

p.s. hope to get answer ASAP :)

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jelena,

I would open a TAC case under Callmanager/Communications Manager for this issue.

One last thing, I didn't notice in your post that all Nodes had been re-booted. The last step when adding a Device Pack is a cluster wide re-boot.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

we have only one node in the cluster and on that node we restarted tftp service.

Your suggestion is to reboot server Call manager or I got it wrong?!

because this Call Manager is in production and all Cisco "desk" IP phones work fine so I'm not sure that customer will support the idea about rebooting.

Thx any way!

Jelena

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jelena,

I'm pretty sure that TAC will have the same advice :)

When you are installing the Device Pack to add support for a new Device type/Model a Clusterwide re-boot is required :) Have a look at the Install notes;

Installation Instructions

6.Note: Cisco recommends that you apply this Device Package during a maintenance window.

Procedure

NOTE: Apply this patch to all of your Cisco Unified CallManager servers, beginning with the publisher server and TFTP server.

***When applying this Device Package to enable new device support, a cluster-wide reboot is required for those devices to register successfully. A clusterwide reboot IS NOT required when running to update existing firmware/support.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

thank you for the advice. The reboot of the Call Manager helped and wireless 7925 phones got registered.

BR,

Jelena

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: