Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest Access

Peter Nugent
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello everyone.

I have a client looking at deploying guest access to several sites. The issues are that all the sites arevariable in size so we are trying to get a one size fits all which is difficult.

Generally all sites will use controllers or HREAP which I am comfortable with.

At small sites they want to deploy standalone access points? However I am at a loss as to how we could provide guest access.

Smalll site single autonomous ap.

We can connect the ap to the WCS but what functionality do we have?

Im pretty sure that the only option is HREAP.

As each site is a seperate company I plan to use vitual domains for each company to manage its guest access from a common WCS? Would Guest NAC be useful?

3 Replies 3

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

Hybrid Remote Edge Access Point (H-REAP) is a wireless solution for branch office and remote office deployments. It enables customers to configure and control access points in a branch or remote office from the corporate office through a wide area network (WAN) link without deploying a controller in each office. The H-REAP access points can switch client data traffic locally and perform client authentication locally when the connection to the controller is lost. When connected to the controller, H-REAPs can also tunnel traffic back to the controller.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6087/products_tech_note09186a0080736123.shtml#t2

Thanks

Im comfortable with HREAP and its flavours

Web Auth will not work , when the HREAP AP loses connectivity with controller.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: