DB Get frustration in UCCX

Unanswered Question
Jun 2nd, 2009

Hello,

I have an SQL table with records of all company employees. Employee's ID number is a primary key in the EMPLOYEE table.

This primary key is a binary value.

For each employee there is a field called "Reports To" indicating who the employee's manager is. "Reports To" field has the manager's primary key. I need to identify the employee by his phone number and present to an agent his phone,name AND his manager's name. In theory i should fiend the employee in the table and record his name and the primary key of his manager, then with another DB READ go to the table and using the primary key i got in the first case, i should find his manager's name.

The problem is that with the first DB GET in the script the value of the Report To field is identified with data type java.lang.Timestamp. I tried creating a variable with this data type, but when i place a call, there is an exception on the first DB GET

133221: Jun 02 14:40:21.724 GMT+200 %MIVR-APP_MGR-6-ABORTING_CONTACT:Aborting contact: Application=Test,Task id=16000000009,Contact id=7,Contact implementation id=724604/2,Contact Class=com.cisco.call.CallContact,Contact Type=Cisco JTAPI Call,Exception=com.cisco.wfapi.WFExecutionException: unable set the variable with the value returned from the database [[email protected]; nested exception is:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Type mismatch: context variable type=java.sql.Timestamp value type=com.cisco.doc.util.CachedDocument

Any help will be appreciated!

marina

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Hiep Tran Mon, 06/08/2009 - 14:15

Marina,

A couple of questions

Does the IVR ask the caller for their Employee ID number or does it capture the ANI and does the lookup?

What does the SQL look like? Can you post?

Deos your DB get step try to put the output of your SQL query of the person's phone #, Name, and Manager's name in one variable or three different variables?

I will also assume that the configurations to integrate with the DB is correct and successful.

Did you run a test with the DB read? Given a known data set, did you return any data?

Regards,

Hiep

marina.kaminski Wed, 06/10/2009 - 06:32

Hi Hiep,

I have asked to create a new column with a formula that converts the binary value into integer and now it's working fine!

thanks

marina

Actions

This Discussion