Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1.2: ATA firmware upgrade fails

haouaswajih
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Networker,

We have upgraded CUCM from version 4.1 to version 6.1. The upgrade was done successfully.

After the upgrade , of the CUCMwe wanted to make an upgrade of the ATAs firmware.

We have uploaded the firmware (3.2(4)) successfully on the CallManager cluster. The issue is that the ATAs did not upgrade their firmware!

we have restarted the tftp server on the callmanager server, we even restarted the whole cluster but still the issue persists!

It's the first time that i see such issue.

Can you please give me an idea about this issue and how could be resolved?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

26 Replies 26

Open CUCM admin page and go to: device > device settings > device defaults and update ATA software information there. Soft should be in same place we CUCM stores default software.

Pls, rate if this help.

Hi,

I have checked and the new firmware is already where CUCM stores the default software!

Any other suggestions Plz?

Regards.

Hi,

You can check the atadefault.cnf.xml file, this the file where the configuration of the ATA is store.

There you can specify the firmware that the ATAs are going to use when boots up.

Also you can check if in the device defaults in the CUCM administrator this firmware is list there.

HTH

Best Regards

Walter S.

CCNA, CCNA Voice

Hi Walter,

Thx for the advice, checking tje atadefault.cnf.xml sound a good idea!! Can you please tell me where i can find this file?

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

This file should be store in that FTFP server where the ip phones gets the configuration.

If the CUCM is the tftp server, you can go to OS administration and there in TFTP.

Hi,

Yes I am using the CUCM as a TFTP server. I have gone to OS Administration > TFT Management > Find , but unfortunateley I did not find the file that you mentioned!!

And in this section I cannot modify any of the other files that I have found!

Please advise.

Can you try to get the file using the command prompt of your machine, with the normal FTP commands (Get).

I am sorry, Can you please explain further? How should i use the comand get ?

With the OS admin page I only get the following file concerning ATA: ATA030203SCCP051201A.zup

Best Regards.

- From a cmd prompt, enter the following command:

TFTP GET atadefault.cnf.xml

I only found the following file concerning ATA : ATA030203SCCP051201A.zup that's all.

Please advise.

Best Regards

Hi I am sorry, iwas mistaken, in the OS administration I found two files.

ATA030203SCCP051201A.zup

ATA030204SCCP090202A.zup

Should i delete the ATA030203SCCP051201A.zup file? inorder to force the ATAs to get the new firmware?

Thanks in advance.

Please delete the ATA030203SCCP051201A.zup from the TFTP and also I am wondering how many ATAs you have in your netwok???

Hi, are you sure that the only way is to delete this the ATA030203SCCP051201A.zup from the TFTP?

After deleting this file, and for exemple if there was a power failure, does ATAs still work fine?

Hi,

I deleted the ATA030203SCCP051201A.zup from that TFTP, but unfortunateley nothing changed !! the ATAs did not upgrade after the reset !! It's really strange. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks for ur help in advance.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: