cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to boot Wireless Bridge Cisco 1410 if the IOS is corrupted? ?

razafindralambo
Level 1
Level 1

The problem is that the IOS inside the bridge was corrupted and now the bridge don't boot.

There is no console port on the power injector, so we can't have hand by using hyperterminal monitor.

We have already use the mode button on the power injector to fix this issue but nothing happen.

We can't have telnet access on the bridge, it don't boot correctly so it don't have IP address (no 10.0.0.1)

so how to inject new IOS inside this bridge because i think that it is the solution?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vunnikri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure if this will work but worth a try

-download a 1410 image you wish to load from cisco.com

-the image name will be like c1410-k9w7-tar.124-10b.JA3.tar

--rename it to

c1410-k9w7-tar.default (make sure the extensions is changed to default and not tar, In windows can be done by un-checking hide known extension types)

--Load this on the root directory of a machine running tftp server.

--connect the machine to the ethernet port of the injector.

--assign IP address on the machine 10.0.0.4 /24

--reboot the bridge using mode button, release the button in about 20 sec.

A new IOS should be loaded on the bridge.

If this does not work then as jeff suggested replacement is the only option left.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

I'll never understand why Cisco refuses to add a console port to the 1410...

Unfortunately, I think your only choice is to send it back to Cisco. If you have SmartNet, open a TAC case. Otherwise you'll need to contact your Cisco partner to discuss your options.

Sorry :/

Jeff

vunnikri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure if this will work but worth a try

-download a 1410 image you wish to load from cisco.com

-the image name will be like c1410-k9w7-tar.124-10b.JA3.tar

--rename it to

c1410-k9w7-tar.default (make sure the extensions is changed to default and not tar, In windows can be done by un-checking hide known extension types)

--Load this on the root directory of a machine running tftp server.

--connect the machine to the ethernet port of the injector.

--assign IP address on the machine 10.0.0.4 /24

--reboot the bridge using mode button, release the button in about 20 sec.

A new IOS should be loaded on the bridge.

If this does not work then as jeff suggested replacement is the only option left.

Thank you very much.

You are right.

But take care of the name of the IOS, it should be c1410-k9w7-tar.default but not another one like c1410-k9w7-mx.default for example.

good to know it worked for you

Good call, vunnikri, +5 points for coming up with that. I'll admit that when he said that the 10.0.0.1 thing didn't work, I thought he meant that the automatic download process didn't even work. I read that too fast :) Thanks for making up for my slackage.

Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card