cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 7, CUPC 7 - MWI

vivian.le
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone explain how often the CUPC client synchronizes with the voicemail server? In my case, it's Unity Connection 7. You'd expect the envelope icon and number of messages to be in line with the number of new messages from the TUI or if viewed from IMAP. But CUPC seems to lag very far behind and the only way I've been able to force it to synchronize it to exit and relaunch the client. Is there a setting or a timer that can be adjusted?

Thanks

Vivian

2 Replies 2

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

There's no MWI on CUPC.

CUPC use IMAP protocol to query the mailbox. If you have many emails in the INBOX, CUPC will be "lagging".

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

By MWI, I mean the envelope icon in CUPC. I've heard before that CUPC uses IMAP. The only problem is that this confuses the end users who all have an IMAP account configured in Outlook for Unity Connection. When a message is left in their mailbox, they see the message immediately in the IMAP folder in Outlook and whatever action they perform from Outlook is synchronized with the TUI and vice versa. But in CUPC, the voicemail information is not the same. For example, a message was left and retrieved at 1:15 today. But the CUPC client still marked that message as being unread until 3:05. There are now 7 total messages in the mailbox.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: