cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PVM 1.0.2 - Error: Failed to install report server as user pvmadm.

heikamp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm stuck with the installation of the PVM 1.0.2 after message "Error: Failed to install report server as user pvmadm. Please check OS user configuration then try again."

Whats next - the user pvmadm:dba was created during the installation process and there are no further requirements outlined within the installation guide. Adding the user to the root group doesn't fix anything.

Regards,

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Failed to install report server as user pvmadm - OS user configuration for the pvmadm user may be incorrect.

Verify that the pvmadm user configuration and group assignment are correct and try again.

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I've solved the issue with some dirty hacks within the script $PVM_TOP/disk1/install/installActuate.sh. I've commented out all checks (eg. occurrencies of "ERROR" in logfiles, the "exit 1" statements etc.) which kicks out the the sessinon off the opvmadm user's context which leads to undefined variables and therefore failed installation. The last error I've corrected was the word "yes" instead on "ja" in the installpvm script - because I've choosed a german keyboard environment, what prevents generating the certificate for the web service.

Actually the PVM 1.0.2 (update 3) runs fine - so no further support is required.

Thanks!

--HK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: