cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express will not work - "302 temp moved" not supported by my SP.

mcroft
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using Cisco Unity Express. (with CME)

I cannot get voicemail working with our Service Provider using SIP-Trunks

It's appears they don't support the "302 Temp Moved" SIP message that is sent during call forward to voice_mail.

(I contacted my VoIP SP, and they said "sorry, we don't support 302 messages")

Now, I am a little stuck.

Is it possible to get VoiceMail working on my Unity Express and CME platform using an alternative method ?

Hope you can help.

I am really stuck here.

thanks

Matt

4 Replies 4

bretjaquish
Level 3
Level 3

Matt,

I'm assuming you were trying not to use the local voicemail accounts and instead use voicemail accounts provided by your SIP provider.

OR

They would take the messages and forward them to your voicemail CUE module via SIP.

Is that correct?

You can just bypass the SIP provider and host the voicemail on the CUE module. I'm assuming you have the CUE integrated to CME already, so it would be pretty simple to setup.

Hi Matt,

I would suggest these changes:

voice service voip

no supplementary sip moved

no supplementary sip refer

hth,

nick

Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses.

Bret,

The Voice_Mail would be hosted by us and not the SP. I am using my own CME and CUE.

the problem is:

A call arrives, inbound from the SP (via a SIP trunk) to our CME, it rings, then if not answered, the CME forwards the call to voice mail (The CUE). At that point, a sip "302 temp moved" message is sent back to the SP.

The SP receives the SIP 302 message and crumbles ... it closes the call because they don't support that message type.

Nick,

Thanks for the commands.

I tried them but the CME sends a "501 Service not availabe" back to the SP instead of the "302" message. I guess that's because we are affectivelly turning OFF this feature.

I really hope I can find a workaround, else my CUE is wasted :(

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

You may want to turn the refer back on. I haven't seen a case where we send a 501 for anything like this. It's definitely possible, but your provider may be sending some other messages to change the flow around.

-nick