CUCM 6.1.2 CDR Backup Issue

Unanswered Question
Jun 2nd, 2009

For some reasons our CDR Records were deleted and we found this issue in April that all data prior to march has been deleted. Unfortunately it cannot be recovered since it is not any more in the system. Now we want to backup the CDR Data on daily basis so we can import them in the billing System in case if it gets deleted for any reason. We have CUCM v 6.1.2 and unfortunately there is no option to backup the CDR Data only so we scheduled the full backups and we observed that there are no CDR records in the backup archive under.

2009-xx-xx-xx-xx-47_xxxxxx_ccm_ccmdb\var\log\active\cm\cdr_repository\car

2009-xx-xx-xx-xx-47_xxxxxx_ccm_ccmdb\var\log\active\cm\cdr_repository\preservce

I can see lot of folders but there are no records inside them so our backup is completely useless so far and as I said earlier we need CDR Backup since CUCM is not going to hold all records for ever.

I need to know why we are unable to backup the CDR Records and why there are no files in the car and preserve folders. Is this a default behavior with a third party Billing System ? If yes then how do we backup the CDR Data?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
George Thomas Sun, 06/07/2009 - 18:28

I believe this is the default behavoiur of the billing server. Usually the billing server wipes all CDR data.

Actions

This Discussion