cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 jrm issue

mburrell5
Level 1
Level 1

LMS 3.1 jrm process state is "Waiting to initialise". I have tried to stop and start crmdmgtd but no change. All scheduled tasks such as discovery, config archive, inventory collection are not running as a result. Where should I start?

18 Replies 18

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the jrm.log.

the jrm.log file was about 1.23GB in size. I have had to rename it and create a new file. it may not be much use but here it is anyway. I restarted the jrm process after creating the file. the process is now sitting in the "waiting to initialise" state

Sorry here is attachment

Actually, the older log might be more useful. Was the hostname changed on this server? Do you have a firewall on this server? Post the NMSROOT/lib/classpath/jrmuser.properties.

yes the hostname was changed about 6 months ago because it had an underscore in it (at the time of upgrade to LMS 3.1). No firewall on the server. see attached file as requested plus update of jrm.log (still in waiting to initialise state)

This jrm.log is the same as the first one. Is there a newer log?

Sorry here is an updated jrm.log

There does appear to be a communication problem with Daemon Manager. Post a screenshot of your Services control panel showing all of the CiscoWorks services as well as the output of the pdshow command.

here it is

Did you run pdshow multiple times? If this is the output of one command, your installation is completely hosed.

No only ran it once. What do you mean by hosed?

I mean your installation is severely damaged. The pdshow is listing multiple instances of the same daemons. For example, I'm seeing five instances of jrm. This should not by possible.

Try rebooting, then collect the output of a fresh pdshow. If you're redirecting the output to a file, make sure you do not append the output.

Obviously i was appending the output to the file. Sorry about that. the correct pdshow is attached. I haven't rebooted yet

This looks better. It appears that jrm might be fine, but the server may be overloaded. It's taking 12 minutes for jrm to initialize. Jrm needs to start within five minutes. What are the specs on this server? what is the current CPU load?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco