cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch port summary report in LMS 3.0 (campus manager)

jesper_fr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

When i do a switch port summary report to se how many ports we acctuly have, then i see somesthing wrong. when i eg. do the report on a 24 port switch, the report says that there is a total of 29 port, and 4 is conneceted. The correct number a total of 26 port, and only 2 connected. another example is a stacked switch with a total of 168 ports. There report tells me that there is 190 ports. Why is that ?

Please see attached screenshot.

3 Replies 3

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The 4 and 25 look clickable. What ports do you see if you click on them?

the problem here is that this report also counts vlan interfaces as well as subinterfaces - just every entry in the ifTable.

This is not useful and CSCsj18806 was filed against it. But I do not know if or when it will be fixed.

See also this thread:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&topicID=.ee71a02&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc13eb9

Hello all,

I found a workaround to this. If i make a device attribute report, and import the .csv file to an Exel document and add up all the cells containing the number of port per switch, then i can see the total number of ports.

Thanks for your replys :o)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: