cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA outside interface or VPN peer problem ?

biplobkhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

In my system VPN connectivity is running fine. VPN configure in my ASA 5520. Remote users access the VPN and work in LAN.

But Today and before some of day suddenly useres can not connect in VPN , messeage promt " Secure VPN connection terminated by Client" and then time ping outside interface from internet and ping status is ok. after some hours pass then I access In MY ASA via SSH from outside and nothing do , just check the outside interface. Then after VPN is running.

so any one guess what is problem ? its proble in Outside interface or FW.

please if you know then let us know.

Pls check the attachment file for Message

Best regards

Biplob

5 Replies 5

husycisco
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Biplob,

How frequent does that occur? At the the time of incidence, try connecting VPN from a trusted PC, with trusted, i mean isolated from all possible virus activity, or having multiple interface etc. Enable logs and once you get the error again in that clean client, post the logs.

A responding interface while VPN is down makes me think of a possible bug in IOS version affecting IPSEC engine. Check your IOS version against IPSEC specific bugs in cisco bug toolkit.

Regards

Hi Husy.

Thanks your Response.Its not frequent occur but weekly or twice weekly once time its occur. The incident time I try connect from trust pc which i always connected VPN and try that others pc.

yesterday same incident occur at 3pm, we can access then after 2 hours when access the ASA via SSH in outside then after its work fine in VPN. You can suggest which IOS I can load to avoid this.

Regard

Biplob

jj27
Spotlight
Spotlight

Is it possible that you had reached the maximum amount of VPN peers that your ASA is licensed for at that time?

Hi Jiohn

when the incident occurs that time no user logged in VPN and MY VPN user not more then 15 which increase in future.

so its the VPN peer license problem , I have unlimited License.

Regards

Biplob

Which IOS are you using?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card