cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 loses all vpn connections over night

TonyEvans
Level 1
Level 1

I have a RV082 vpn router with 20 VPN connections permasnently deployed.  I am using 1.3.98 tm firmware (latest)  After long periods of inactivity (overnight)

the VPN cease to function  there is no indication of a problem. The tunnels are showing active in the VPN summary screen.  If I restart the router from the management  page the tunnels are restored.

6 Replies 6

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you configure IPSec Keep Alives and DPD on both sides of the tunnel?

Thanks for the tip. I checked my end of the tunnels and all have keep alive active and Dead peer detect enabled.

However this morning I had to reboot the router again.

OK.   Next, lets check the other side of the tunnel.  Which product is that?  Are Keep alives and DPD enabled there?

Also, lets look in the LOG file of the RV082 and see what it says.   Should show the tunnel trying to reconnect after it failed and may give us hints.

Here is an RV082 bringing up a tunnel (as an example for reference).

Jun 4 05:26:17 2009    VPN Log   initiating Quick Mode PSK+ENCRYPT+TUNNEL+PFS to replace #5453

Jun 4 05:26:17 2009    VPN Log   [Tunnel Negotiation Info] >>> Initiator send Quick Mode 1st packet

Jun 4 05:26:17 2009    VPN Log   [Tunnel Negotiation Info] <<< Initiator Received Quick Mode 2nd packet

Jun 4 05:26:17 2009    VPN Log   [Tunnel Negotiation Info] Inbound SPI value = ddfeccb

Jun 4 05:26:17 2009    VPN Log   [Tunnel Negotiation Info] Outbound SPI value = d866cd5b

Jun 4 05:26:17 2009    VPN Log   [Tunnel Negotiation Info] >>> Initiator Send Quick Mode 3rd packet

Jun 4 05:26:17 2009    VPN Log   [Tunnel Negotiation Info] Quick Mode Phase 2 SA Established, IPSec Tunnel Connected

Jun 4 05:26:17 2009    VPN Log   Dead Peer Detection Start, DPD delay timer=10 sec timeout=10 sec

Jun 4 05:26:17 2009    VPN Log   ignoring Delete SA payload: IPSEC SA not found (maybe expired)

I am having the same problem.  My gateway to gateway tunnel (RV042 to RV082) will go down and can't reconnect.  Remote users using Quick VPN can't connect.  If I reset the router, everything is fine.  I have firmware 1.3.9.8-tm.  This problem is driving me nuts and i have to remember to reset the router before I leave so I or someone else has a chance at logging on at night.

TAC Case time.  Sorry you are having trouble.

I am having a similar issue with my RV082 - RV082 connections as well.  Has a solution been found yet?  I'm running the most current firmware on both sides of the tunnels.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: