cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

I have two users that want their phone calls sent to each other. If some one calls Ext: 8001 and the person is not there they want the call to go to Ext: 8003. If some one calls Ext: 8003 and the person is not there they want the call to go to Ext: 8001. Will this result in a loop, or will the call go to the original person's voice mail like it should?

8 Replies 8

mhendren925
Level 1
Level 1

If someone calls 8001, doesn't pick up and is forwarded to 8003, if 8003 does not pick up they would leave a voicemail for 8003 and not 8001. The same would be if someone calls 8003, doesn't pick up and was forwarded to 8001, where they'd leave a voicemail for 8001's box.

That's incorrect.

First of all if the DNs are set to forward to each other, it will not go to VM, but in fact create a loop.

Second of all if the call went to VM it will by default recognize the original dialed number, so if the call initially went to 8001 and then was forwarded to 8003 and then VM, it would go to 8001's VM. There is a global parameter than can change this behavior.

Also, CM 7 introduced Call Forward All Loop Breakout and Prevention feature, but I believe it's only for call forward all, and not No Answer.

HTH

Chris

What is the Global Parameter you mention on the behavior mentioned above?

Someone needs to have FW to VM, if you have 8001 CFNA/CFB to 8003 and 8003 CFNA/CFB to 8001 it's obviously a loop. CUCM will return fast busy in the end, by default only 12 hops are allowed.

Which VM depends on unity/CUC version and config, default is original called number defines VM, but it can be set to last redirecting number.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

What voicemail product do you have?

If Unity Connection you could set up a Personal Call Transfer Rule to transfer the call to the second extension and, if not answered there, transfer the call to the voicemail box of the original caller.

This has the additional advantage that rules can be configured only to operate during working hours so calls outside that time can go straight to voicemail.

Yes we have Unity Connection, 2.1.1

Hi Mojo

The link below shows how to configure Personal Call Transfer Rules for your version of Unity Connection.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/user/guide/2xcucug190.html

I think this would be a good solution for you.

Please rate if helpful.

I like the Personal Transfer rules mentioned above. Personally, I would probably solve this problem by assigning another line with another extension for each phone. First line of the phone forwards no answer to the second line of the other phone and second line forwards no answer to VM. This way, there is no loop and the call still ends up in the correct mailbox by default.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: