cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QPM and nested policies

jedellerby
Level 1
Level 1

I'm after some help to understand when I can use a nested policy in QPM 4.1. I want to avoid having to write ACLs multiple times and ai get the impression nested policies may help here. However, the docs are pretty poor so don't tell you when you can use nested policies.

I beleive I can make use of a previously created nested policy using the "service policy" section under the "Traffic Rule Wizard". However, I'm not sure when the "service policy" option should be available for use as usually it's grayed out.

Exactly what defines whether the "service policy" option is available for use?

Thanks

Jed

2 Replies 2

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

The Nested Policies help you to configure a traffic policy and associate the traffic policy with Class Maps, which contain one or more QoS features. You later attach this Nested Policy to an In Traffic Rule or Out Traffic Rule of another policy, using the Service Policy feature.

Service Policy-Assign a Nested Policy (which further consists of class maps) to the Class Map.

Thanks but I'm not sure this gets me any further. I'm trying to understand exactly when QPM will let me assign my nested policy to a Class Map as the Service Policy option is usually greyed out.

There must be some criteria the policy has to meet for Service Policy to show up as usable.

Jed