cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help needed for pickup group configuration

adam.hards
Level 1
Level 1

I have been handed the task of configuring a pickup group and the setting on a MDs phone and Secretary and need some help please.

There is a Pickup group that a user is already a member of. She is now also secretary to a General Manager and needs to be able to pick his calls up. I have added the GM as and extra line on the secretary's phone but now when the GM's phone rings, all the people in the pickup group can't tell whether it's the secretary's phone ringing or the GM's. Obviously the people in the pickup group don't want to be picking up the GM's calls so is there another way around this or is there a way that on the secretary's phone, her ringtone and the GM's ringtone can be different?

I have tried adding Audio and Visual Alert to the pickup group but no one in the pickup group wants to know who is calling who so I think they just need to be able to differentiate between the secretary and the GM by the sound of the ringtone….

I hope that makes sense!!

Many Thanks!

Adam

1 Reply 1

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

the second line you put on the secretary's phone is that a shared line?

I would set it up as being just that, and make sure the ring setting is flash only. That shared line (i.e. the GM's extension) should not be part of a pickup group.

try that and see how get on

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: