cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice mail delay?

mdavis
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone expereinced a delay on the Cisco Unity Express voice mail system where it takes voice seconds for the voice mail to pickup.

10 Replies 10

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How many seconds?

It should go as soon as CFNA timer set in CCA expires (default 10 seconds to voice mail)

Here is the HELP screen contents from CA 2.0.

Transfer incoming calls to this extension if there is no answer.

The default value is Voicemail.

Click in the field and select a different option or enter an extension to change the default setting.

When Call Forward No Answer or Call Forward Busy is set to Voicemail, a voice mailbox is created for the user.

You can disable the voice mailbox for a user and set mail box size in the Voicemail window (Configure > Telephony >Voicemail).

Skyler Spence
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you give us some more information?  How long is the delay, when do  you experience it (when leaving voicemail, checking voicemail, or both), what software pack/CUE version are you running?  The reason I'm asking is that you may have run into a known issue, but I can't tell without these details.

This is a UC520. We have version 12.4. UC500-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M

Software Version:

12.4(20)T2 / CME 7.0(0)

It is about a 3-4 second delay and the higher the load on the system, the worse the delay is.

The component of the UC500 that handles voicemail is Cisco Unity Express (CUE), can you tell the version of CUE you are running on the system or, if you installed a software pack from this site, which software pack you used?  Is the delay experienced when leaving voicemails or checking mailboxes or both?

You get the delay before Unity picks up and you can leave a message. For example, I call DID 3XXXXXXX. The ring no aswer kicks in. Then before the voice mail greeting for user XYZ plays, you hear two to three seconds of dead silence.  You think the system has lost the call.

Without knowing your CUE version or corresponding software pack used I can't say for certain, but your descriptions sound like you are running into a known issue, bug ID CSCsv63213.  This is an internal bug so it is unavailable in the bug lookup tool available to partners, but I checked the status and it is due to be fixed in an upcoming CUE release.  Can you please tell me your current CUE version on the system to confirm?

UC500-CUE uptime is 0 weeks, 1 days, 15 hours, 38 minutes
Vendor:                       Freescale Inc.
Machine:                      mpc8347E sys
CPU:                          e300
Revision:                     3.1 (pvr 8083 0031)
Core Clock (MHz):             500
BogoMIPS:                     331.77
SKU:                          Unavailable
Chassis Type:                 UC500
Chassis Serial:               FHK1309F0BX
Module Type:                  Integrated-Service-Engine
Module Serial:               
UDI Name:                     Not Available
UDI Description:              Not Available
Compact Flash:                1024MB
SDRAM (MByte):                512

It's an easy mistake to make, but in CUE the command to see the software version is actually "show software version" not just "show version".  Sorry about that.

UC500-CUE> show software version
Cisco Unity Express version (3.2.1)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport Copyright (c) 1986-2008 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Components:

- CUE Voicemail Language Support version  3.2.1.0

Yes, it defnitely looks like this matches up.  Officially this is a feature enhancement, as I said it should be fixed soon.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: