Issue with feature access codes and three-way conferencing

Unanswered Question
Jun 4th, 2009
User Badges:

I have a vg224 voice gateway running a version of 12.4 with 24 voice ports. I'm having issues getting feature access codes to work. Specifically, a user wants to forward a fax (when it runs out of toner) to another fax line using the procedure outlined in the document for accessing that feature. There are other users who wish to setup a three-way conference from a Polycomm using the hookflash. This doesn't work as well. I believe that the vg224 is detecting the hookflash because when I change the timing settings on the voice port (for instance, increase it from the default of 1000 ms to 1550 ms) there's a difference in how long the phone has to be onhook before a disconnect. However, when the hookflash is activated, nothing happens. It's either ignored by the system or the line disconnects. I asked one of my in-house techs about this and he claimed that these features wouldn't work with FXS ports and would require DID ports instead? Does that sound right?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ldardon Wed, 06/10/2009 - 08:52
User Badges:

If you have the VG224 configured with MGCP FXS, the conference call feature will not be supported. You'll have to switch and Configure SCCP FXS Analog Ports in order to get this feature working. Third party conference is not supported on the MGCP, only on SCCP.

SCCP Controlled Analog (FXS) Ports with Supplementary Features in Cisco IOS Gateways:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4t/12_4t2/ht1vg224.html

sdavids5670 Wed, 06/10/2009 - 13:51
User Badges:

Thanks for the response. As it turns out, I was able to over come this by upping the "Maximum Number of Calls*" field in the "Multiple Call / Call Waiting Setting on Device XXXXXXX.." section of the "Directory Number Configuration" page for the DN associated with the analog port from 1 to 2. It didn't take until I reset the port. Works with the flash button but not by tapping on the hookset. I didn't bother troubleshooting any further because the flash button worked.

Actions

This Discussion