cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.01 discovery of APs

jhbrubaker
Level 1
Level 1

Currently running LMS 3.01 with December 7, 2009 Update. We have Cisco 4402 WLCs that mananges our APs (AIR-LAP1131AG-A-K9). The APs do not show up in discovery but the WLCs do. Is there a way to discover and manage?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Cisco Aironet 1130 Access Point, sysObjectID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.618 is supported under LMS 3.01. (reference the supported devices table: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.0/device_support/table/lms30sdt.html#Wireless%20LAN%20Products).

How are you managing discovery? Have you tried adding one of the devices manually and confirming reachability and credentials that way?

I do not have them in LMS at all. They are not discovered nor have I added them manually. These devices are not in ACS and as soon as I try to add a device not in ACS, it goes to the "Devices not in ACS" repository and I am unable to manage it.

Is there a reason why you don't want to or can't add the devices to ACS?

You can add them in DCR (manually or via discovery using appropriate seed devices of a seed file) and do a command line and/or bulk export into ACS (see "Export to ACS Server Using CLI" in the Common Service user Guide).

I want them in ACS just need to figure out how to configure both devices so they do communicate.

Add them into LMS Common Services' Device and Credentials Repository (DCR) via discovery. If they are for some reason not being discovered via your key seed devices, put them (the AP's IP addresses) in as a discrete seed file. That should result in the APs all being in DCR but not in ACS.

Then run the export via dcrcli to push the devices into ACS. The result should be reconciled repositories in both ACS and LMS of all your devices. You can then use all of the applicable LMS components to manage the devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: