cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

copy tftp: startup not working

diek
Level 1
Level 1

I can use "copy tftp: startup" on a 3560 switch and it works when I copy a confg file that I did a "copy startup tftp:" cmd from the same switch. When I try to tftp copy the same file to a different 3560 is fails with Error waiting for ACK of block 9.

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you enable TFTP on your 3560?

Command is "tftp flash:"

Hope this solves your problem.

tried tftp flash: and got invalid input. Did you mean to put a copy in front of the tftp flash:. I tried that and it fails the the same Error waiting for Ack of block 9 when the file I want to copy was not creted on this switch. Does the swtich you copy to have to match the firmware of the switch copy camefrom?

The firmware of the switch the tftp copy came from is 12.2(25)SEE3 and the switch I want to copy to is 12.2(25)SEB4.

Hi,

this should normally work. It is possible your file is corupt or your tftp server is causing trouble, because as far as I understood, when you execute the command, your switch start downloading the file.

It this correct? Does the download start and then stops somewhere during the download?

Try to download it again from switch 1 and try uploading it again to switch 2.

What tftp server do you use?

The copy does not start and I get %error reading tftp://10.11.1.1/probation-confg (Timed out). Using the same tftp program and server I can manually configure the 3560 switch and do a copy flash tftp to store that configuration on a server. Then I clear the configuraton on the same 3560 back to default and assign vlan 1 an ip address and enable port 1 for the tftp server to connect to. I can then tftp copy the configuration I copied from this 3560 back to it with no errors. This tells me that my tftp server is working. What I can not do is tftp copy a configuation file copied from a different 3560 to the same tftp server to this 3560.

diek
Level 1
Level 1

The copy does not start and I get %error reading tftp://10.11.1.1/probation-confg (Timed out). Using the same tftp program and server I can manually configure the 3560 switch and do a copy flash tftp to store that configuration on a server. Then I clear the configuraton on the same 3560 back to default and assign vlan 1 an ip address and enable port 1 for the tftp server to connect to. I can then tftp copy the configuration I copied from this 3560 back to it with no errors. This tells me that my tftp server is working. What I can not do is tftp copy a configuation file copied from a different 3560 to the same tftp server to this 3560.

are you able to ping the management address of the switch from your pc (where the tftp server is located)?

if yes

is the probation-confg in the root folder of your tftp server?

Is your wireless enabled? - disable

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: