Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delayed and re-appearing voicemails

I unfortunately do not have any debugs (nor am I sure how I'd go about capturing them since I'm told this is not reproducible every time).  The problem as described to me is that on at least two different extensions (each with their own mailbox), messages that have been deleted a previous day will either re-appear the next day (sometimes as saved messages), or after listening to VM, the following day they find additional messages that were not there the day before when they cleared out their mailbox, and the timestamps on the messages correspond to before the mailbox was checked the day before.

Do you have any other reports of this type of issue or anything similar?  Any suggestions?  I know I've got limited info on this one.... Thanks in advance. -Don

3 Replies 3

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Don,

I've not heard of this type of problem before.

Could it be that these users are not used to the SPA400 vmail? It's a little tricky in that:

1. User listens to a message and presses 7 to delete
  2. The user should press 6 for the next message, but if distracted, they listen to the menu, and hear (5) for play. They press play (5), the deleted message plays...
  3. The user, now irritated, says, "I've just deleted this", presses 7 (now undelete) meaning to delete the message, actually undeletes the message

Here's a piece of the vmail tree that I mapped out that you may find to be of use. I've attached a copy in case the inserted version is difficult to read:

SPA400-vmailTree.jpg

Assuming the users are positive that this is not the case, you could try rebuild the USB key:
https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-4361

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Thanks. I'll give this a try.  Thanks for the VM tree as well.  Is there a way to copy back voicemail files saved from the original USB is I re-build it? -Don

Hi Don,

Make a copy of the USB key before you rebuild the key.

As a precaution, warn all users to clear out their email so you don't get in trouble if something goes awry.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: