cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to only send spam notifications to some of the users, instead of all users?

jeffwongmts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Did anyone know is it possible to only send spam notifications to some of the users, instead of  all users?

Thanks,

Jeff

3 Replies 3

jsteer
Level 1
Level 1

Yes it is - it would need a new 'Incoming mail policy' that does not use the dleiver to spam quarantine decision for suspect/positive spam messages.

This does mean they get spam sent to ther mailbox however - or you decide to do send it another quarantine which is possible as well.cHow you decide to seperate these users will depend on wether:

1. you have an ldap/AD server you can identify a group of users via

2. You use a collection of smtp addresses

Option 1 easier but not always possible to if you dont have an ldap or AD server.

Once the group of users are identified it's a case of just editing the anti-spam policy to not send to the spam quaantine. This does face you an important decision though - what to do with this mail that is likely to be spam that the user is going to not want to see.

Jason

jeff can you tell me please how to configure another Quarantine policy for the users , so some of my users get notification and their spam e-mails are Quarantine while another user's do not get notification and their spam e-mails are also Quarantined.

i will be very thankful for yours sooner reply as this is very urgent for me

Regards

Salman

Since I want to do that in the past, however, I found that Spam Blocker seems can't do that...

You can notification "all" the users, or not, but can't notify some of users...

For the quarantine, you can specify some users to be quarantined their spam mail, while the others not.

If anyone know how to do that, please tell me also...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: