cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OCS call to Cisco - No Name

billybjo1
Level 3
Level 3

OCS has a direct SIP trunk to UCM 7. There is no CUPS involved. We see the number presented on the Cisco phone, but no name. Any idea if this is expected? Would OCS send a name in the SIP connection? Where would I look for it?

4 Replies 4

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

I think the name was sent in the SIP INVITE.

You may take a look at CCM traces (with SIP option turned on).

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi Michael, I'm trying to integrate CUCMv7.1 with OCS 2007 R2. Do I need a Mediation server to make it work. If you have any good configuration link.

Thanks a lot

David

parshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try the following

On the SIP trunk in CUCM, check the "Transmit UTF-8 for Calling Party Name" box. Check the "Remote-Party-Id" box as well. Set the "Connected Name Presentation" to Allowed.

Reset the trunk

If after this it still does not work, you might want to look at the SIP msg from OCS to CUCM and confirm that in one of the SIP msg you see a line with 'Remote Party' and the name of the calling user.

Let me know if this works because I've made a pilot test with OCS and Call Manager and one of the points we sent to Microsoft was this no name on incoming calls and Microsoft said that this was an integration problem between OCS and Call Manager and nothing could be done until now.

Another problem we had was that in CUCM 5.1 we need to create a virtual DN to work with Microsoft Communicator because version 5.1 has no single reach number this problem is solved on CUCM 6 and later

If the procedure above works let us know

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: