cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Secure ACS - Is it fully licenced?

Paul Wedde
Level 1
Level 1

I've just built 2 new CS ACS 4.2 servers and want to confirm that they are indeed licenced and not on the 90 day trial licence. I've trawled the Internet high & low and can not find out how to check this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Found it in the Release notes for an older Version (3.3) which are posted here: https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/3.3/release/notes/RNwin332.html#wp1064263

They state:

"The evaluation version of Cisco Secure ACS 3.3 can be distinguished from the commercial version in the following ways:

•The word "trial" appears in the title of the installation routine.

•The Windows Control Panel Add/Remove applet indicates that the Cisco Secure ACS installation is a trial version.

•In the administrative interface of Cisco Secure ACS, the word "trial" appears on the title of the initial screen.

When the evaluation period has elapsed, the CSRadius and CSTacacs services fail to start. You will receive a message upon accessing the Cisco Secure ACS HTML interface notifying you that your evaluation period has elapsed. "

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you thinking of the LMS trial license? I didn't know ACS had a 90-day trial version. You're not prompted to enter a license key during installation.

Yes there is no prompt for a licence key but as far as I can tell the installer for the 90 day trial version of ACS is not to dissimilar from the the full version.

I just want to "see" something that will assure me this installation is not going to stop running on day 91.

There is no quick and easy way of finding out whether you have the full version. From my experience with ACS 4.2 it does not prompt you for a licence key during the install of the full version.

You could try and set the date/time on the server to be 90 days ahead and see what happens - if it stops the simply reset the date back to normal and it should pick up and start working again.

Found it in the Release notes for an older Version (3.3) which are posted here: https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/3.3/release/notes/RNwin332.html#wp1064263

They state:

"The evaluation version of Cisco Secure ACS 3.3 can be distinguished from the commercial version in the following ways:

•The word "trial" appears in the title of the installation routine.

•The Windows Control Panel Add/Remove applet indicates that the Cisco Secure ACS installation is a trial version.

•In the administrative interface of Cisco Secure ACS, the word "trial" appears on the title of the initial screen.

When the evaluation period has elapsed, the CSRadius and CSTacacs services fail to start. You will receive a message upon accessing the Cisco Secure ACS HTML interface notifying you that your evaluation period has elapsed. "

group4entr200
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, we are a group of purdue students that are doing a success case analysis over cisco as a company. We would really appreciate it if you take a few mintues to answer a couple of questions.

-Are you satisfied with the services provided with this company?

-What do you like/dislike the most about cisco?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: