cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to register third-party SIP-phone with CUCM6?

Sergey Yakovets
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, everybody.

I've faced with little problem with registering third-party SIP-phone with Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

Here is all steps I've tried to accomplish this task:

1) Create End-User with username, password, PIN and Digest credentials.

2) Create a Phone Security Profile (based on standart SIP security profile) with enabled digest auth.

3) Create SIP-device (advanced secure profile), with dummy MAC, and digest user enabled. Assign DN to first line.

3) Associate SIP-device with end user.

After all, SIP device (X-Lite soft-phone) is able to authenticate via any userID and pass. In device list it appears as "Unknown" state with no IP. It looks like it doesn't registers at all. Dialing from this SIP device fails to any DN, even to his own one.

Please, tell me what I've done wrong?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

goranpilat
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

see if this is useful (from Authorized Self-Study Guide Implementing Cisco unified Communications Manager, Part 1 (CIPT1)):

The final step to add a third-party phone takes place on the third-party phone itself.

Therefore, the configuration depends on the product that is used.

In the Proxy Address field of the third-party phone, specify the IP address or fully qualified

domain name of CUCM.

The user ID has to be set to the DN that is assigned to the IP phone in CUCM. The auth ID has to match the digest user that was assigned to the phone in CUCM. The password needs to be set only if the digest credentials have been configured when configuring the end user

and if the check box Enable Digest Authentication has been checked in the phone security

profile.

Some third-party SIP phones do not have a separate user ID and auth ID. In this case, the user ID has to be set to the DN at the third-party SIP phone, and on the CUCM side, the end-user name has to be identical with the DN of the IP phone.

goranpilat
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

see if this is useful (from Authorized Self-Study Guide Implementing Cisco unified Communications Manager, Part 1 (CIPT1)):

The final step to add a third-party phone takes place on the third-party phone itself.

Therefore, the configuration depends on the product that is used.

In the Proxy Address field of the third-party phone, specify the IP address or fully qualified

domain name of CUCM.

The user ID has to be set to the DN that is assigned to the IP phone in CUCM. The auth ID has to match the digest user that was assigned to the phone in CUCM. The password needs to be set only if the digest credentials have been configured when configuring the end user

and if the check box Enable Digest Authentication has been checked in the phone security

profile.

Some third-party SIP phones do not have a separate user ID and auth ID. In this case, the user ID has to be set to the DN at the third-party SIP phone, and on the CUCM side, the end-user name has to be identical with the DN of the IP phone.

parshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What is the name of this 3rd party SIP device you are trying to register?

Also, in most cases the steps you have taken are correct. Would like to confirm on the following

1. Owner User ID and Digest User on the phone config page is set to the new user your created

You might have to check on one more thing. Can you confirm that when the SIP device attempts to register with CUCM, its sending the register msg with DN@ or does it send it as userid@

I have experienced issues when its userid. If possible change the config of the SIP device so it sends DN instead.

If its sending DN than would have to look at the traces.

I am trying something very similar using Express Talk SIP softphone. I have tried it both with the username (Digest enabled) and with the extension.

I keep getting a Error Message 403 Forbidden.

I am assuming it is something to do with the authentication.

Has anyone had experience with Express Talk?

Thanks,

Heath

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: