7960 phone in home office, audio tx and rx issues

Answered Question
Jun 5th, 2009
User Badges:

hi

i have a 7960 setup in a home office, the home office is connected to the office LAN via a sonicwall vpn tunnel.

the phone picks up the correct call manager and configures the phone lines, speed dials and BLFSD,

when i call the number from my mobile it rings and i can also make outbound calls but there is no audio (both ways) i can see that the RX count stays at 0 and the TX count increases but i cannot hear anything on my mobile

but when i place a call from the 7960 in the home office to a internal directory number in our office the voice quality is excellent and i can hear them and they can hear me.

i don't think this is a vpn tunnel issue as a) the phone would not configure and b) i would not be able to have an internal call and c) i would not be able to make a call to an external number or receive a call from an external number

but i don't know what is causing the issue

can any one help? hopefully it is just a small setting i am missing

oh btw when i connect the same phone in our office all works fine (internal and external)

cheers

Correct Answer by chadlincoln about 7 years 11 months ago

Is the gateway MGCP or H323? Which interface is the media/control binding applied to? The phone may be able to hit one IP on the router, but if it is being sourced from an interface that you cannot hit, you won't have audio.

Please rate if this helps.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Mohammed Al-Assadi Fri, 06/05/2009 - 05:58
User Badges:

It seems IP connectivity Problem.

Check the connectivity between VPN subnet and voice Gateway both way.

Is there any firewall that prevent RTP?

rogierboeken Fri, 06/05/2009 - 06:05
User Badges:

i can ping the ISDN gateway from the vpn subnet and i can ping the phone from the ISDN gateway

the vpn tunnel is setup with no restrictions, all traffic allowed in and out, both sides

(both are sonicwall vpn's) in our US office where they have a separate phone system the have the same sonicwalls and vpn tunnels between office and homes and they do not have this issue (i have verified the vpn and firewall settings and they are identical (apart from ip addresses of course)

Correct Answer
chadlincoln Fri, 06/05/2009 - 06:16
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Is the gateway MGCP or H323? Which interface is the media/control binding applied to? The phone may be able to hit one IP on the router, but if it is being sourced from an interface that you cannot hit, you won't have audio.

Please rate if this helps.

rogierboeken Fri, 06/05/2009 - 07:20
User Badges:

great help

i realised that the h323 g'way has 2 IP's

10.33.1.1 and 10.34.1.1, i had a vpn connection setup to the 10.33 network but not to the 10.34 network, i resolved it by modifying the vpn tunnel to include both the 10.33 and the 10.34 network and hey presto audio is working

fantastic, thanks very much for your help on this!

Actions

This Discussion