Multiple VPN Interfaces - Pix 6.3(5)

Answered Question
Jun 5th, 2009

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently trying to establish a secondary VPN interface off our PIX for split-tunneling reasons. Unfortunately, I can't upgrade to 7.0+ to provide the same-interface routing feature.

I'd like to keep our current production crypto map in place until the transition is complete. Is it possible to have one "crypto map outside_map interface outside" and one "crypto map ExternalVPN interface ExternalVPN" or will the new command wipe out the existing?

Thanks.

-- Dominique

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Ivan Martinon about 7 years 5 months ago

This version of Pix follows the same guideline than any 7.x or 8.x or any cisco devices, there can only be one crypto map per interface, in your case I believe you are applying diffrent crypto maps to different interfaces so overriding them should not be your concerned, rather traffic flow and routing.

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Ivan Martinon Wed, 06/10/2009 - 07:39

This version of Pix follows the same guideline than any 7.x or 8.x or any cisco devices, there can only be one crypto map per interface, in your case I believe you are applying diffrent crypto maps to different interfaces so overriding them should not be your concerned, rather traffic flow and routing.

Actions

This Discussion