cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP trunk from UCM 6.1 to Broadvoice??

jaywydra
Level 1
Level 1

I have a BYOD account with Broadvoice set up and I was wondering if anyone has been successful in setting up a SIP trunk with Broadvoice? Technically, it's not supported by Broadvoice but.... I talked to a couple of techs over there that said it should work as long as I set up the trunk correctly. I took an inital stab at it with my UCM. I'm connected directly to a cable modem. The trunk won't come up. I would assume Broadvoice would have to make some configs to get this working. Before I waste anymore time I was hoping someone out there has tried this before and if they had any success. Thanks!

2 Replies 2

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

If you are trying to set up a SIP trunk from your CallManager to Broadvoice, you may run into an issue with Broadvoice not allowing you're router (acting as IOS SIP gateway) to maintain a Registered status. This is due to having the IP Phones on your network all sending SIP Register requests to Broadvoice. So try to input the "no-reg primary" on each ephone and ephone-dn in your config.

sheepate
Level 1
Level 1

If you are trying to setup CUCM 6.1 with Broadvoice it may not work since CUCM only supports static SIP trunks. It will not register as a client to Broadvoice switch. Most likely Broadvoice BYOD needs the client to authenticate using username/password.

You can make it work if Broadvoice sets up a Trunk pointing to a static IP address that translates to your CUCM server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: