Checking Voice Mail From An External Number

Unanswered Question
Jun 5th, 2009
User Badges:

Hi:

I would appreciate any help/guidance that can be provided in relation to an issue I've encountered while configuring Remote Voice Mail Access. Details set out below.

HARDWARE INFO

Hardware:

Linksys SPA9000 - FW V6.1.5

SPA400 - FW V1.1.2.2

SPA9000:

Configured with 2 x IPTP accounts on Lines 1 & 3 and SPA400/Voicemail configured on Port 2.

ISSUE

Configured settings for remote voice mail access as per Cisco Document # 108770.

Both IPTP accounts on the SPA9000 are provided by the same service provider and are configured identically except for User ID and Password details. Contact lists for both lines 1 and 3 are set to ring to specific extension numbers before being forwarded to the auto attendant.

Tested remote V-mail access using IPTP account associated with Line 1 and it worked perfectly; call rings on designated extensions, forwards to aa and on pressing "*" goes to the voice mail menu. 

However, when I tested remote V-mail access using the the IPTP account associated with Line 3 the call terminates on transfer to the v-mail system. Call progresses as follows - call rings on the designated extension, forwards to aa and on pressing "*" you are advised that the call "is being forwarded" and the call terminates. Interestingly, inbound calls on this line can still be forwarded to a specific extension by the aa; the aa just will not forward calls received on Line 3 to the voice mail system!

Any thoughts as to why this might be happening or more importantly how to get around this?

Regards,

John

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Patrick Born Mon, 06/08/2009 - 15:04
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi John,

I received your log and configs and am busy analyzing.

I've also escalated to Escalation Engineering for their input.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Patrick Born Fri, 06/05/2009 - 10:03
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi John,

I can't think of any reason why this is happening.

Please:

Send the log and config files to me at paborn at Cisco.com for analysis.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Attachment: 

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content