Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble with incoming calls on SPA400/SPA9000

Eivind Jonassen
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

So we've trying to setup our second SPA9000 solution at a customer. Having some difficulties with the SPA400 and PSTN, whenever a call is made from the "outside" the SPA won't route the calls to the phone or hunt group, tried both.

I've attached the debug messages from the SPA400 and SPA9000

Thanks,

Eivind

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eivind,

How did you configure the system, wizard or hand-configured?

What inbound routing are you attempting, aa, extension, or hunt group?

If hunt group, where are you defining, in Line N > contact or SIP > hunt group?

Looking at the log, I'm not seeing anything interesting happening. I assume 192.168.1.11 is SPA400 and 192.168.1.10 is SPA9000?

Did you set SPA9000 debug level3 and full SIP debugging? I don't see much from the SPA9000...

Try remove power from SPA400 and SPA9000

power up SPA400

about 30 seconds later power up SPA9000

try inbound calls again

If above fails, please:

• supply the configuration of the SPA9000 and of the SPA400
  • verify if the SPA9000 Line is registered to the SPA400 [SPA9000 web-ui > Voice tab > Info > Line N Status > Registration State:
  • supply a Wireshark trace captured between the SPA9000 and SPA400

Regards,

Patrick

----------

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eivind,

How did you configure the system, wizard or hand-configured?

What inbound routing are you attempting, aa, extension, or hunt group?

If hunt group, where are you defining, in Line N > contact or SIP > hunt group?

Looking at the log, I'm not seeing anything interesting happening. I assume 192.168.1.11 is SPA400 and 192.168.1.10 is SPA9000?

Did you set SPA9000 debug level3 and full SIP debugging? I don't see much from the SPA9000...

Try remove power from SPA400 and SPA9000

power up SPA400

about 30 seconds later power up SPA9000

try inbound calls again

If above fails, please:

• supply the configuration of the SPA9000 and of the SPA400
  • verify if the SPA9000 Line is registered to the SPA400 [SPA9000 web-ui > Voice tab > Info > Line N Status > Registration State:
  • supply a Wireshark trace captured between the SPA9000 and SPA400

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Patrick,

I'm just trying to help out a collegue of mine. He used the wizard on the setup, and used the WEB UI for further setup. We tried to route the call to both a hunt group and an extension. The config was edited in the contactlist on Line N

I'll try the steps you mentioned first thing on monday,

Thanks

Eivind

Patrick,

Did some more troubleshooting today. The SPA9000 had lost the registration towards the SPA400 completely, and it wouldn´t register no matter what I tried. After alot of debugging and troubleshooting I saw that we had managed to setup to line registrations on the SPA9000 towards the SPA400. I think maybe this messed things up. I then reconfigured the hole thing and set the SPA400 to auto discover the SPA9000 and everything worked out alright. Couldn´t find exactly what the issue was, exept for the two sip trunks and made the change to auto discover on the SPA400.

Anyways, thanks for your help on the debugging Patrick.

Regards

Eivind

Hi Eivind,

Thank you for sharing the good news. I am happy to read that the issue is resolved.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Patrick,

I've run into a second problem on the SPA400

The calls to/from PSTN are dropped after about a minute, I get poor ping result from the SPA400, do you think maybe the SPA400 is defect? This is the second SPA400 I've ordered that may be defected.

Regards

Eivind

Hi Eivind,

It could be a faulty SPA400, but I doubt it.

Please refer to this thread: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/4995#4995

Verify that the underlying physical network connectivity is good/known working by using a known-good CAT-5 cable and a known-good switch port ...

Verifying that the switch or the SPA400's link LED lights up does not mean that there is a good network connection.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Thanks Patrick,

Did some more troubleshooting today, changed the network cable and switchport, and the ping reply's have been much better. We also did some test calls, for about 6 minutes without the calls being disconnected. So it seems like the issue has been resolved.

For later installations I thinks it's a "good practice" to do a ping test towards the SPA400 and check the reply's since it seems like the SPA400 is a bit "tricky" regarding Cat-5 cabling and the switchports...

Regards

Eivind

Hi Eivind,

Thanks for letting the community know that you're resolved the problem. Good job troubleshooting.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: