cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Terminate smart tunnel

srroeder
Level 1
Level 1

I enabled smart tunnels for RDP usage, I also turned on auto start for the smart tunnel. My problem is if my users don't click on the logout button on the web page when they are finished , (they just "x" out of the browser), the tunnel stays up. Is there a way to automatically close the smart tunnel when they close the browser or to put a timeout on the smart tunnel?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 Replies 2

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

When smart tunnel starts, the security appliance tunnels all traffic from the browser process the user used to initiate the clientless session. If the user starts another instance of the browser process, it passes all traffic to the tunnel. If the browser process is the same and the security appliance does not provide access to a given URL, the user cannot open it. As a workaround, the user can use a different browser from the one used to establish the clientless session.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa81/config/guide/webvpn.html#wp1145127

Sorry?? I don't understand how that applies to my problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card