Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice gateways connect PBX's and Call manager

ahmed_ellboudy
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have two gateways one connects PBX A with the call manager and the other connects PBX B with the same call manager, can you tell me how can I make a call between PBX A and PBX B where the two gateways on the same network , and take in consideration that the dial plan for PBX A and PBX B and Call manager are overlapped .

and for dial from the call manager to or from the PBX's we used codes.

and the attached is the configuration used for the gateway connects PBX A with the call manager.

Thanks ,

Ahmed Ellboudy

10 Replies 10

ahmed_ellboudy
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry , the file attached attached is the configuration used for the gateway connects PBX A with the call manager.

Thanks ,

Ahmed Ellboudy

are you not better off sticking a Gatekeeper in the middle, that has knowledge of all 2 PBX's and your Call Manager

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Sorry for this delay , but this to ask about the reason to GK with analog PBX's.

thanks,

Ahmed Ellboudy.

Two scenarios:

1) Say PBX A is 1000-1999, PBX B is 2000-2999 and CUCM is 1000-1999. If you want PBX B only to be able to call PBX A, then you simply put the 1000-1999 DNs in CUCM in a partition that isn't reachable from the CSS of PBX B's gateway. This only works if you don't need for the users to be able to get to the overlapping extensions.

2) Otherwise, you have to use codes like you are doing now. You would create a translation pattern for the code, and that translation pattern would strip the code off and the translation pattern itself would only have a CSS able to reach the numbers for that code.

Basically, just use prefixes.

-nick

Dear nick,

sorry for this delay, can you clarify the two scenarios, take in consideration that the two gateways one connects PBX A with the call manager using E1 card installed in first gateway and the other connects PBX B with the same call manager with E1 card installed on the 2nd gateway.

Thanks,

Ahmed Ellboudy

Hi, if you're nor familiar with voice networking, recommend you hire a reputable person for the job, otherwise it can be very difficult and frustrating for you to accomplish the task.

Dear, I am a voice engineer but I need a detailed information to do that.

Dear, a voice engineer would be done already, as it's quite simple.

Dear , I see you have a good experience in VOIP system and you see this issue before but this is the first time facing this issue ,so I ask for support,any way thanks for your support and I will search to make it.

Dear, your misuse of the rating system clearly shows your frustration at being unable to configure that project.

You wanted someone else to resolve it for you, and for free. Sorry, but that doesn't happen all the time. Good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: