Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting to ISP throught ATA

aamirdhedhi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends

I am trying to connect to an ISP throught the ATA, we have CM 6.0 and PRI Lines, i have reduced the speed of my modem to 9600 but still i get an error "THE REMOTE COMPUTER DID NOT RESPOND" voice calls are ok but dialup is giving me issues. please help

Cheers

Aamir

4 Replies 4

PETER NEGUS
Level 1
Level 1

On the router, have you entered:

voice service voip

modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw

Note that the ATA does not support Alaw (despite what it says in the manual). On the ATA you should have connectmode = 0x90000400

If it is working properly, when you set up the call do a

show call active voice brief

and it should show MODEMPASS on the modem call.

The ATA is rather poor at high speed modems so even if you have this configured it may not be possible to get this to work. You could try a VWIC in the local router as an alternative, which has much better performance, or the VG202 - if you have the cash!

The "modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw" solved my case.

One thing to add, the modem connected successfully using the first port of the ATA but no the second.

Thanks.

PETER NEGUS
Level 1
Level 1

I forgot to mention check the PRIs with

Show controllers E1 (or T1)

to check that you have not got any errors on the PRIs. if you have, it is possible that you need to check the clocking.

PETER NEGUS
Level 1
Level 1

Upgrading the ATA to 3.2.3 may improve modem reliability. The version packaged with CUCM drops RTP packets.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: