cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5520 Failover License?

blackhat2020
Level 1
Level 1

Hi every one.in our company we want to buy two ASA5520 with AIP-SSM-10 bundle for our site.i found this part number on cisco documents witch is ASA5520 and AIP-SSM-10 together.part number is=ASA5520-AIP10-K9.

my Questions from you experts:

1)i want to know that is there any license such as UR in this bundle to run Active/Active Senario between this ASA's?

(i didnt find in bundle details)

2)if i want to run Active/ACtive senario on asa5520 do i need to RU licenses for both ASA's or no just one RU is good to go?

4 Replies 4

Kureli Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Pls. read here;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/configuration/guide/failover.html#wp1053685

To run active/active failover you should be running multiple context mode.

To answer your qestions:

1. You need to get activation keys for active/active license for both ASAs. These need to be uploaded to the units with the activation-key command in config mode.

2. There is no FO, UR, etc in the ASA platform. You need the activation keys. sh ver from both unit should look identical for failover to work properly.

The licensed features (such as SSL VPN peers or security contexts, for example) on both security appliances participating in failover must be identical.

thanks,i have another Question.with that bundle part number can i run active passive without geting HA activation license or no i need it even for Active/Passive? and where can i find HA Activation License partnumber?thanks

No. You need to get the activation keys to run active/standby failover.

Failover two types

active/standby

active/active (requires multiple context)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/configuration/guide/failover.html

srikantganesh
Level 1
Level 1

I think ASA 5520 comes with Security plus license by default now and that has the ability to do failover in active/passive or active/active (multiple context mode)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card