cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meet-me conf

fahadqureshi
Level 1
Level 1

HYe friends i want to use meet me conferencing in my CCM 5. i dont have any idea how to do it. Please suggest me how i move further.

Thanks in Advance

19 Replies 19

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi friend, go to Call Routing > Meet-Me Number/Pattern and create a unique number and assign a partition. To initiate the meetme conference on IP Phone, go off-hook and press meetme softket and dial the meetme number, the other phones can join to the conference only dialing the mettme number.

All the best

David

Dear David

Thanks for your concern i tried that. I define one number 1111 with the partition, then i went to phone off hook that and press more button and press meet-me button and dial my that 1111 number. but once i finished to dial it give me . ton ton ton tone :)....... please help me how i solve this

Thanks in advance

Fahad

srichardson
Level 4
Level 4

You may also have to modify your IP Phones' softkey templates to include the Meet-me softkey if it is not already there.

malosse
Level 1
Level 1

Hi friend, make sure that the meetme number is unique, that the ip phones that initiate the meetme confer has access to the partition assigned to the meetme number and that the ip phone has configured a MRGL.

All the best

David.

Hye Frds ...

do i need a extra license or some extra server to configure Meet me conference ?

hi there, no you do not need a license or an extra server to configure meetme conference. You just need to configure the meetme directory number/pattern and ensure it is in a partition available to the IP phones that will be using it. Ensure that there are conferencing resources assigned to the MRGLs used by the phones, and update your softkey template so users can access "meetme" and you should be good to go.

Thanks for your reply.....

i also want to know one thing how i assigned MRGLs to phone ?

Media Resource Group List in device config or Device Pool

You can refer to the config guides or simply look into your CUCM to find the fields

Cisco Unified CallManager Administration Guide, Release 5.1(3)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_1_3/ccmcfg/ccmcfg.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you so much for your reply.....

I go through that document. now the thing is i define one meet me number let say 333 and i define MRGL with the name of Meet-me, then i associate my 7911 phone with that MRGL after that why i try to dial that 333 number but phone is giving me continuously tone.

Hi. To set up a meet-me call, the first person has to establish it by going off hook and selecting "Meet-Me" from the softkey buttons and then dialing the meet-me DN (333). After this, you will be the first member of the conference and others can simply dial 333 to join you (they don't have to use the meetme softkey, so you could assign a DID and outside callers could join the bridge).

hi.....I did the same thing.......... but i am getting ton ton ton ring now...... my outgoing pattern is 9.[1-9]!....... i don't know what exactly is the probelm :( please help me

Fahad,

Can you tell us exactly the buttons you are pressing on the phone, one by one with detail? The outgoing dial pattern of 9.[1-9]! should not really be involved here. Maybe screen shot your Meet-me pattern configuration, you IP phone config, the CSS and the MRGL configs that the phone is using and post here as well, if that is ok. It might help us help you better.

Hye frd,

Thanks for your advice please find the attachment of configuration

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: