Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM V7 Features missing

bigcappa1
Level 4
Level 4

Guys,

Successful upgrade from 5 to 7 over the weekend, thanks for the support on this forum. Noticed a couple of cosmetic changes I hope they are changes and not bugs. Here is one

On the Directory Number Configuration page in the Associated Devices in V5 you could see the DP and the Phone MAC. The latter has now gone. Its no problem you can see it in the CUCM reports but this was very handy for troubleshooting. Is this correct?

Thanks

paul

6 Replies 6

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The line is really not in the Device Pool because it's not a device, so I believe they took that and put it only at the Device Level (phone device mac page) You will only see what device the line is associated to. So you are correct

Tommer,

I meant the User Device Profile by DP, I should have said UDP, sorry for confusion. What happened in version 5 was that when you viewed the line (when a user was logged in) in the assocated devices you saw both the User Device Profile and the Phone MAC that they were using. In version 7 the latter is not there, there are other ways to find the MAC but looking at it this way was quite usefull for troubleshooting

Thanks

Paul

Hey Paul,

Just to add to the great info from Tommer (+5 points here TCAT :)

This did change in CUCM 6.x I believe.

When you go to Device --> Phone, you've got an option in the Related Links-dropdown "Actively logged in Device Report".

Thanks to Angelique for bringing this to our attention a short time ago!

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Yup that sorts the issue. Thanks and to Angelique, looked at here post as well. Actaully its better and quicker than going into the line. I also notice the EM settings on the phone have the user ID and UDP displayed with a link next to them as well. Nice touch. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Regards

Paul

aaaaaaaaaaand.... 5 points for your pointing out the drop down menu. Good stuff huff-man

Hey Guys,

Great work here! I guess between the four of us we should be good to go ;-)

Cheers!

Huff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: