cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS upgrade 4.1.1.23 to above ( 4.1.1.24+ or 4.2)

ahmedchohan
Level 1
Level 1

I have an acs requiring an upgrade. It has 4.1.1.23 running. Can i directly upgrade it to 4.2 with the recovery dvd or should i first upgrade it to 4.1.1.24 and then to the reimage.

If i have to upgrade to 1.24, how do i got about that ? Do I need to open a TAC or is it an upgrade on cisco.com ?

Ahmed

3 Replies 3

ansalaza
Level 1
Level 1

You can upgrade directly to ACS 4.2 with the recovery DVD, no need to upgrade to ACS 4.1.1.24 and then to 4.2.

Remember to make a backup before the upgrade.

There is a feature that allows you to restore any ACS 4.1 backup into ACS 4.2.

"Before you begin any upgrade procedure, we recommend that you back up your existing data and configuration. When, upgrading do a re-image of ACS 4.2 and then restore the ACS 4.1 configuration."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_solution_engine/4.2/installation/guide/solution_engine/upgap.html#wp1120037

Agreed, but that feature says that the exception is on the 4.1.1.24 . I have 4.1.1.23. does that still hold correctly for the upgrade ?

You should be able to restore the 4.1.1.23 configuration using the option: "Restore from 4.1 backup file to ACS 4.2").

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: