CSS Code upgrade.

josh94950
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are upgrading a code on CSS 11503,

Current version is sg0740306s

We are upgrading to sg0810503.adi-gz

I went through the prcedure which is very clear, I am planning to upgrade it manually, my concern is on creating the ftp-record, I downloaded filezilla and started ftp, my questions are on how to proceed from here,

1) CSS management ip is 1.1.1.1 so what should be my pc ip?, I assigned 1.1.1.5 to my pc and I can ping the device from the CSS

2) what type of cable do I need to use?

3) I tried to open ftp in its default mode like when it starts up it will have a loop back address and 14147, when I click ok it will start and says logged on but in CSS when I create ftp-record with the ip,name and password and try to access ftp it never does

FileZilla Server version 0.9.31 beta

Copyright 2001-2009 by Tim Kosse (tim.kosse@filezilla-project.org)

Connecting to server...

Connected, waiting for authentication

Logged on

On CSS side if I try to download the software from server it says

"unable to connect to the server"

Could you please let me know where I am going wrong??

Thanks in Advance.

Josh.

5 Replies 5

ciscocsoc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Josh,

1. The IP address can be anything reachable by the CSS.

2. Don't understand this.

The loopback address and port 14147 are for administration. Check that you are actually running an FTP server by using the "netstat -a" command. Look for ports 20 and 21.

If FTP is running, do you have a firewall/ACL that is blocking inbound connections?

Check that your FTP record is pointing at the real address of the FTP server.

ftp-record DEFAULT_FTP 1.1.1.5 wibble ...

and that you have valid credentials on your FTP server (logonid/password).

If that is working, try copying the running configuration to check that FTP is working as required before you kick off an upgrade:

copy running-config ftp DEFAULT_FTP wibble.txt

HTH

Cathy

Hi Cathy,

I was able to connect, ping and even downloaded the running config, but weird thing is when I was trying to open this file it says "Access is Denied"

When I am trying to push the image to CSS it says

"CSS11503# copy ftp DEFAULT_FTP sg0810503.adi boot-image

Connecting (-)

%% General copy failure

Setting's in ftp are same when I downloaded the running-config.

Thanks,

Hi,

I'd collect a packet trace from the FTP server to see what was really happening. You should be able to see the the file request and any FTP responses.

Kind Regards

Cathy

I would try a different port than the management interface.

This interface as a lot of restrictions, it is half-duplex, ...

Try a normal port.

Just attached your pc in the network and make sure it can reach one of the normal circuit vlan. Not management.

When you do the transfer, make sure the file is in the default directory.

If you copied the config from css to ftp server, make sure the config file appears in the same directory as the css image you try to copy.

Gilles.

Thank You for your time, I dont know what was wrong, but I used freeFTPd and it worked like a charm...

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: