cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM upgrade in the ft situation

HWangLoyalty_2
Level 1
Level 1

There are two separate Cat6513 chassis each contain a CSM.We configured as active/standby mode. In future, we will upgrade image of CSM from 4.2(3) to 4.2 (11). After I finish upgrade image and reboot the standby one,

My question is if the A/S mode could be generated because of different image at that time?

Through the CSM configurationguide 4.2 from Cisco website, I found the topic "Configuring a Hitless Upgrade". Another question is when we will reboot the active CSM. Until old standby one is online?

Please advice. Thanks a lot first.

1 Reply 1

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

It supports synchronizing the configuration between the active and the standby CSM over the fault-tolerant VLAN. While the active CSM is rebooting the standby CSM will take over and become active. If you've configured the active CSM with a higher priority and preempt that it would become active after reboot otherwise the standby will stay active.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: