cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to completely restore UC520 compact flash?

nicolaagnelli
Level 1
Level 1

I all,

i need to create a new cf for my uc520, the original one seems to have problems.. it not boot, and results unreadable . (i've try with different mac and different card reader)

How can i restore all files needed by uc to correctly boot ?

Can i follow a step-by-step guide ?

Thank you so much,

Nicola

10 Replies 10

The ideal method to format the flash is by using the "format flash:" command from inside the UC500 Command Line Interface (CLI). In your case, since the UC500 won't even boot, your best option is to:

1) Format it using FAT in Windows, and move the IOS image plus the default configuration to the flash.You can get the latest 7.0.3 ZIP bundle from:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9829

IOS is a ".bin" file and default config a ".cfg" that will depend on your UC500 model. They are easily identifiable.

2) Re-insert the flash in the UC500 and reboot.

3) Once you get the system up and running with the IOS image, do a "copy flash:UC500XXXX.cfg startup-config" via the console (use HyperTeminal 9600, 8, N, 1 username/password = cisco/cisco. Enter enable mode by typing "enable" before doing the copy command)

4) Reboot the UC500 one more time.

5) Open CCA 2.0 and upgrade the system from scratch. This can be done via the "Maintenance" tab. You will need to point CCA to the bundle zip and make sure that you "apply default config" and format using the new directory structure.

Let us know,

Marcos

nicolaagnelli
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you so much, just another question, which IOS should i use ?

There is a new release fpr UC520 ?

Thanks,

Nicola

Use the one included in 7.0.3 bundle zip, 12.4(20T2

Thanks,

Marcos

Thank you so much!

I'll try as soon as possibile and i'll let you know. Thanks again!

sorry, but in the bundle zip i've a uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.124-20.T2 file with a .T2 extension (is this the IOS image ? ), have i to rename it to .bin ?

Thanks..

Dont rename it.  In fact, you can upgrade the system using the ALL button and point to the ZIP (so dont have to unzip it either).

BTW, thats the way mine looks on flash too:

uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.124-20.T2

Sorry, but i don't have to upgrade but create a new cf .. i've to copy all files in the UC520-7.0.3.zip file ?

(even the CME-Phone-Loads-7.0.3.tar, CME-Support-Files-7.0.3.tar, SCUE-UC520-7.0.3.zip files witout exctract them ? )

Thanks

No you don't. Use the filename as is.

Thanks,

Marcos

Please follow the procedure described in my previous post. Just putting the files on the CF won't suffice. You need to apply the upgrade for CUE to work.

Thanks,

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: