Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring CUVA

jaydien1358
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I'm trying to enable viode for CUVA on my UC500.

I have the following configured in CLI, however my phones are showing 'Video Capability Enabled: NO' in the menu and of course my Video Advantage app is not working (Can't connect to my phone).

Telephony-service

video

service phone videoCapability 1

Ephone 12

ephone  12
conference admin
device-security-mode none
video
mac-address 0023.331B.DA23
ephone-template 16
username "bfleishman" password 1101
speed-dial 1 1 label "Intercom An Extension"
speed-dial 2 300 label "Page All Phones"
type 7965
button  1:13 2:30 

What am I missing to enable vido.? I've looked through my CCA app and do not see anything extra in there as well.

Thanks

-Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

You when making the

Telephony-service

video

you should do a no create cnf

then a create cnf

After that, restart the phone and that should fix the problem.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi Brian,

Watch the demo here and let us know if it helps:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9709

Thanks,

Marcos

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

You when making the

Telephony-service

video

you should do a no create cnf

then a create cnf

After that, restart the phone and that should fix the problem.

Thanks for the quick response!

That did the trick. What's a CNF file anyways?

-Brian

CNF files are the configuration files that are built and cached for the phones on the tftp server.

I see. I guess all the information in telephony-service part of CLI is sent to the phones via those CNF files?

One other little issue I'm having that I was hoping to get some help on:

The CUVA app is working great on all the PC's and laptops in the office except for one PC. Doesn't seem like I can get video to work at all on this PC, not just in the CUVA app. I've tried multiple cameras and none of them work. But those same cameras work just fine on all the other PC's in the office.

Where should I start first in my troubleshooting? CODECs?

Device manager sees the camera just fine and I have tried using generic windows drivers and also loading the manufacturer's drivers as well.

Thanks.

-Brian

Nevermind,

Reinstalling all my CUVA software seemed to resolve whatever issue I was having.

-Brian

On the CNF question, you can verify the effect of your changes on the XML config file, by doing this:

UC500#show telephony-service tftp-bindings
tftp-server system:/its/united_states/7960-tones.xml alias United_States/7960-tones.xml
tftp-server system:/its/united_states/7960-font.xml alias English_United_States/7960-font.xml
tftp-server system:/its/united_states/7960-font.xml alias English_United_States/7920-font.xml
tftp-server system:/its/united_states/7960-dictionary.xml alias English_United_States/7960-dictionary.xml
tftp-server system:/its/united_states/7960-kate.xml alias English_United_States/7960-kate.xml
tftp-server system:/its/united_states/7960-kate.xml alias English_United_States/7920-kate.xml
tftp-server system:/its/united_states/SCCP-dictionary.xml alias English_United_States/SCCP-dictionary.xml
tftp-server system:/its/XMLDefault7975.cnf.xml alias SEP001F9EAC4BFD.cnf.xml
tftp-server system:/its/XMLDefaultCIPC.cnf.xml alias SEP000C2941803D.cnf.xml
tftp-server system:/its/XMLDefault7902.cnf.xml alias SEP123412341234.cnf.xml
tftp-server system:/its/SEPDEFAULT.cnf alias SEPDefault.cnf
tftp-server system:/its/XMLDefault.cnf.xml alias XMLDefault.cnf.xml
tftp-server system:/its/ATADefault.cnf.xml alias ATADefault.cnf.xml

UC500#more system:/its/XMLDefault7975.cnf.xml

{7960 Jun 03 2009 09:46:02}

M/D/YA
Central Standard/Daylight Time

Every time you change some configuration parameters that affect the default config, and you enter a "create cnf-files", you are re-writing this XML content, which is sent to each phone using TFTP when they first come up.

Thanks,

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: